Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Save the Date!

After much prayer and counsil with supporting congregations, mission team and family, I have to decided to extend my stay.
Originally I was to return the 11 of August but have now changed my date to December 19th.
Why have I decided to stay?
Well, it wasnt too long into my internship that I feel in love with the people and country of Paraguay. A few months before I came to Paraguay, the notion of staying for a year was mentioned and I honestly thought it was a little too crazy for me to consider.
I arrived January 5th and by March, I had taken that once "crazy" thought into considerable consideration.
I felt that 6 months was only enough time to LEARN from the missionaries and the people and so more time would be needed to be put into practice to be able to transform a persons perspective, attitude, and definitions of hope, sacrifice and love (to name a few). And perhaps even then one has not even scratched the surface. I have seen and felt the begining of what I hope my life will become.
It has not been the easiest thing to change when not necessarily wanting to. Change is such a scary thought. Our cultures, learnings, trainings, teachings, even bodies would not openingly bring about something that has a certainty of dificulty, pain and sadness. Nevertheless, we must not be afraid.
II Timothy 1:7 states "For God did not give us a spirit of fear, but a spirit power and love and of sound mind."
Fear is probably on the top of the list of things I struggle with. Fear protects vulnerability.
SOOOO
I John 4:18 tells us "There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears in not made perfect in love."
SOOOO
We are not allowed to fear.
So back to answer the questions in rather simple "oraciones." I have decided to stay longer not to help the church but for the body of Christ and God teach me how to be a fearless humble servant. That which in turn, makes me for usefull and moldable to be used how God wants me to be used to expand his love and kindgom to everyone.

I as prayers for wisdom. That I may be able to see what God is showing that I make the right choices and remember love is what supersedes everything.

No comments: